CQJP July Block

Thursday, December 15, 2011

2012 Challenges

              2012 Challenges



Take a Stitch Tuesday challenge.

Well, I've really done it, now.  I signed up for TAST 2012! I've been enjoying CQing so much, but I needed to improve my embroidery skills. Buying an embroidery stitch bible gave me a reference, but I wasn't practicing my stitches. Participating in TAST  might be the impetus I need to get to work!




                                Crazy Quilt Journal Project 2012.

Then I read about CQJP 2012. It sounded like a wonderful idea---to create a CQ block each month. I know I need that pressure to work harder, to learn more, and become a more skilled CQer. What better way?........so I joined...... gulp!



 I read a post on Stitchin Fingers from Debra who was organizing a smaller group of people doing 1 or both of the embroidery challenges.( There's even one brave soul adding the BJP 2012 as well!) Debra was hoping to have a study group who would support each other, encourage, and inspire. I jumped in! What was I thinking?! Well, I was thinking I needed all the help I could get, heheheh, and that accountability is a wonderful motivator.

Our group is called  Tuesday Stitchers.  You are welcome to bookmark our blog, become a follower, make comments and ask questions. I'm a relative beginner to CQing, but many of the ladies in this group are very experienced quilters and embroiderers. They have fabulous ideas, and I know you'll see some beautiful work!

I'm also on the list for several StitchMap courses in the New Year, so I'm looking forward to being very busy with needles and thread. I hope I can keep up!

Obviously, my focus for 2012 will be on stitching and CQing. I do hope I can post about my paintings, too. We'll see how I cope with the challenges.


Here's a pic my sister took last weekend of the bay. Isn't it a great shot?





It's been raining, and the four inches of snow have been washed away.
Now, I'm off to begin making the blocks for my quilt challenge.
Hope your day has some good challenges.
Thanks for visiting.
Hugs from Suz




15 comments:

  1. Oooh you'll be having fun learning and practising all your stitches. Hope you have a Happy, Happy Christmas Suz.Thanks for your support of my blog throughout the year.
    Love
    Judy xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are taking on a lot, but think of how much you'll learn and how much fun you'll have! I can hardly wait to see what you do!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I too joined TAST and was thinking about joining the crazy quilt block of the month but I still have four months of BJP to complete from 2010 and a Piecemaker's calendar quilt to complete and many other sewing projects so I will put the CQ block of the month on hold. Good luck to you. You will certainly learn lots of new stitches. I plan to tune in to the blogs for inspiration. Happy sewing,
    Gita

    ReplyDelete
  4. you are certainly going to have a busy 2012 but in the best possible way!! Stitching!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks Judy! I think the challenges will either push me forward, or knock me flat. lol But it's good to strive....May your Christmas be wondrous!
    Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  6. Diane, I'm a little nervous about all this, and I hope I don't fall behind. I can't wait to see what I do either! lol
    Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you Bubbigigi for your nice comments. I look forward to seeing your work on TAST. That's a nice needlebook you made for your friend, and quilt camp sounds like fun! Happy stitching!
    Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh, I agree, Karen! What better way to spend my time learning than through stitching!? But I'll be busy doing something I so enjoy, so here's to keeping me in stitches! (ouch! sorry) lol
    Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  9. I joined TAST too but that and Karen's class are all I can handle! Good luck with yours!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks, Gina, I may need some good luck to stay on track. I'm looking forward to your stitching results!
    Merry, Merry!
    Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  11. Well that's your year mapped i mean stitched out! Sounds fabulous.

    Happy Christmas to you - wonderful snow shot x

    ReplyDelete
  12. lol! You're right, Emma: I think it's all sewed up----my time, I mean. heheheh
    Merry Christmas!
    Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  13. I joined TAST too - for my second time. I plan to primarily monitor it and use it for inspiration to get me back into the stitching I love so much. I've signed up to do the online class that Karen Ruane is giving - can't wait for that one! Plus I have a list as long as my arm for projects I've been wanting to do - perhaps this will be the year.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Go for it Suz. Look forward to seeing all your stitching in the new year. All the best Di.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Magpie, I look forward to seeing what you create in Karen's class! I love her work, and have been hoping to take a class with her.....maybe later this year if I can cope with what's already on my plate. I'm sure you'll have fun and learn bunches. See you on TAST!

    Thanks Dianne! I'll be seeing you on TAST, too! I'm excited (and a little nervous) about the challenges, but I hope it will help me improve my stitching. You'll give me a kick if I need it, right? lol
    Hugs

    ReplyDelete

I love to read your comments!