CQJP July Block

Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Garden Bumbles

Do you bumble in the garden?
Bumble:- to bungle or blunder, muddle
            - to stumble or stagger
            - to mumble
            - to do clumsily; to botch
I must admit I've done all the above in my garden. But there's another meaning to the word bumble:- to make a buzzing, humming sound, as a bee. With all the chatter about bees disappearing, I wanted to share pictures of  the garden visitors I have had this summer. Some days I go outside, and my gardens are just buzzing with activity. Is it because ours is an open area in the midst of the bush that bees find their way here? Or is it that much of our property is left wild? I'm not sure, but I am happy that my garden hums.







Hope all your bumbles are the buzzing kind!
Thanks for visiting.
Hugs from Suz

4 comments:

  1. What a beautiful garden and so lovely to see the bumbley creatures in it. I spent some time in my garden cutting herbs to dry and being so grateful for the flavor they will impart to my winter cooking. Thanks for stopping by my blog and leaving a comment. I do think canning (putting up) food is a touchstone to the past.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Isn't it wonderful that modern technology lets us leave out all the untidy bits? As this is a new home, I'm just getting my herbs established. I hope next year to have enough to harvest. Thanks so much for visiting! Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  3. Suztats,
    You have the nieghbor hood just a buzzing. Sweet things draw the bees & keep them. You are as sweet as your flowers!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ah, Bsotf, you are such a sweet-talker! You always see everyone in such a positive and kind way. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete

I love to read your comments!