CQJP July Block

Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Birthday Card and Flowers


A special lady I know is soon celebrating a birthday, and so I made her a card for her special day.
Sewn onto brown felt onto a watercolour-painted card, a small encaustic, multi-hued square echoes the shades of the background, and creates a little focal point. I then stamped the card lightly, allowing the encaustic square to sing. It's in the mail and on its way. Happy Birthday!












Roses from my garden scent the air.














Pink peonies.













Thanks for visiting. Hugs from Suz.

2 comments:

  1. HI Suz
    Thanks for leaving a comment on my blog! Are you a rose lover? I adore them and have about 60 in our garden Your peonies are really beautiful - we have also grown these previously - just so beautiful. Keep stitchin, tatting and loving what you do!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, Suziqu, I do love roses! ( and peonies, and clematis, lilacs, lillies, morning glories......) Our last home was too shady for growing flowers, so I am really loving that I can have some in my own garden. I don't have 60 roses yet, but I'm working on it. :)
    Thanks so much for visiting. I love your work. Suz

    ReplyDelete

I love to read your comments!